Opinion: Dating apps have come a long way in 2023 | Stacy Ann
Dating apps have come a long way in recent years with new features and options that make it easier to find your perfect match. There are many dating apps to choose from this year, but which one is best for you? Here are the top dating apps to consider in 2023.
- Tinder: Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps in the world which is known as a casual dating app. It’s a simple concept: users are shown a photo of a potential match and swipe right if they’re interested. If not, it will be swiped to the left. If both users swipe right, they match and can start chatting. The app also includes a premium version, Tinder Plus, which offers additional features such as unlimited swiping, the ability to see who has liked your profile, and the ability to change your location.
2. Bumble: Bumble is similar to Tinder in that it’s a location-based dating app that shows potential matches based on your preferences. However, Bumble differentiates itself by only allowing women to make the first move. If they are playing, the woman has 24 hours to start a conversation before the game ends. Bumble also offers a Bumble BFF feature that helps users find friends and a Bumble Bizz feature that allows users to find professional connections.
3. OkCupid: OkCupid is a dating app that focuses on more than looks. It uses a comprehensive questionnaire to determine compatibility between users. The app offers several ways to communicate with potential matches, including instant messaging and video calling. OkCupid has a reputation for being more relationship-oriented than other dating apps.
4. Hinge: Hinge is a dating app that focuses on connections and relationships. The app uses a unique swipe system that emphasizes personality over looks. Users are presented with a series of prompts such as “Looking for someone who…” or “Looking for someone who likes…” They can scroll through potential matches based on how closely their preferences align. The wristband allows users to share their Instagram profiles, which can provide a more comprehensive picture of their personality.
5. HER: HER is a dating app for the LGBTQ+ community. A great option for a more inclusive and supportive dating app experience. HER has a large community of users and offers many ways to communicate with potential matches, including instant messaging and video calling.
6. Hily: Hily is a dating app that uses artificial intelligence technology to match users based on their preferences. The app uses a personality test to determine compatibility and machine learning to suggest matches. Hily also has a number of security features, including the ability to report suspicious behavior and a section to verify the identity of users.
7. Coffee Meets Bagel: Coffee Meets Bagel is a dating app that focuses on quality and quantity. Users get one match per day at noon and can like or retweet the game. If both users like each other, they can start chatting. The app also offers a “Discover” feature that allows users to search for potential matches.
8. Clover: Clover is a dating app that focuses on simplicity and convenience. The app uses a swipe system similar to Tinder, but offers additional features such as the ability to search for potential matches, view your profile, and chat with potential partners.
It doesn’t matter which one you use, the judgment will come. Online dating and finding potential partners on apps is no longer weird, it’s the new normal.