Disney+ offers special offers for new and returning subscribers
Disney fans everywhere celebrated Disney+ Day on Friday the 9th. September. However, in honor of the celebration, the streaming service is offering a special offer for new and returning subscribers through Monday, September 19.
Those who have been wanting to try the streaming platform can now get a month of Disney+ for $1.99.
After the one-month promotional period, Disney+ automatically renews at $7.99 a month.
What is Disney+?
Disney+ is primarily for all things Disney, but there is more to Disney+ than you might think.
The Disney brand doesn’t just mean old Disney Channel shows or princess movies, it means Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel movies and National Geographic documentaries.
Those interested can get Disney+ for just $7.99 a month, making it one of the cheaper streaming platforms on the market.
Disney+ also gives users the option to bundle with ESPN+, watch live sports and Hulu for $13.99 per month with ads.
What’s new on Disney+?
Here’s just some of the latest content on Disney+ that fans are excited about:
- Thor: Love and Thunder – Marvel Studios Thor: Love and Thunder finds the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever encountered – one of self-discovery. But his efforts are interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extermination of the gods.
- Pinocchio – Academy Award® winner Robert Zemeckis directs this live-action retelling of the beloved story of a wooden doll who embarks on an exciting adventure to become a real boy.
- She-Hulk: Lawyer (New episodes are streamed on Thursdays) – At Marvel Studios She-Hulk: LawyerJennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany)—a lawyer specializing in superhuman trials—must navigate the complicated life of a single 30-year-old who also happens to be a green 6-foot-7-inch superpowered hulk.
- Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Thor: Love and Thunder – Settle in with the likes of Taika Waititi, Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale and Tessa Thompson as they reveal the secrets behind the making of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return – Featuring never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage, colorful personal stories and meaningful moments, Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Returnn shows the making of Lucasfilm’s original limited series for Disney+, Obi-Wan Kenobian epic story that begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
- Cars on the road – The series follows Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) and his best friend Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy) as they head east from Radiator Springs on a cross-country trip to meet Mater’s sister.
- Grow up – Created by Brie Larson and Culture.House, Grow up is an innovative hybrid docu-series that explores the challenges, triumphs and complexities of adolescence through ten compelling coming-of-age stories.
- Welcome to the club (a new short from The Simpsons) – Set on becoming a princess, Lisa Simpson is surprised to discover that being bad can be more fun.
- Epic adventures with Bertie Gregory – The face of a new generation of aspiring adventurers and natural history filmmakers, 29-year-old National Geographic Explorer Bertie Gregory takes viewers on epic and nail-biting journeys that plunge into the most spectacular and secretive corners of our wild world.
- Frozen and Frozen 2 sing along – Disney+ will release new Sing-Along versions of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.” When subscribers watch the Sing-Along version of these movies, they will be able to fully immerse themselves in the music with on-screen lyrics.
- Remember – Where do the ideas come from? And where do they go when they are forgotten? These central questions are brought to life in “Remembering,” an original short film by Emmy® Winning director Elijah Allan-Blitz.
- Dancing with the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances– “Dancing with the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances” is a look back at the 20 most memorable dances from thirty seasons of Dancing with the Stars as chosen by Pro-Dancers.
- Tierra Incógnita (Original series produced in Latin America) – “Tierra Incógnita” follows Eric Dalaras (Pedro Maurizi), a teenager who discovers a hair-raising world while searching for the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of his parents eight years before.