AIS will launch the updated Super App this year
A new concept called Mobile First, App First
Mr Somchai says that if the cognitive technology enterprise format is fully implemented by early 2025, it will create a clear difference between AIS and its rivals.
Advanced Info Service (AIS) is developing its My AIS mobile app into a super app, which is expected to be launched in the middle of the year based on the Mobile First, App First concept.
The super app offers a wider range of products and services to serve its users in their daily digital lifestyle. It will include features in entertainment, insurance, finance, retail, healthcare, lifestyle and food and drink.
According to AIS CEO Somchai Lertsutiwong, the company expects consumers to use these products and services throughout the day.
Mr. Somchai said that people currently use mobile phones from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed. Some apps are used the most, he said, which is what AIS wants for its own app.
“Some of the new features will be available through an in-app concept that connects with our partners’ features to capture the user experience,” he said.
The current My AIS app focuses primarily on bill payment services, offering promotional packages, games and vouchers. The app has around 10 million active users which is growing month by month.
The My AIS update is part of AIS’ transformation process to become what the company calls a “cognitive technology company” by early 2025.
“This year there will be more intensive steps in transformation and new developments,” Somchai said.
The cognitive technology company will provide customers with personalized services, real-time offers and interactive information.
The development of super apps is led by the Novel Engine Execution Department (Next), a business unit dedicated to the development of innovation. The unit team, together with the outsourcing team, employs more than 100 employees to update the application.
NEW ‘YOUniverse’ SLOGAN
In addition to the super app update, Mr. Somchai said the company will introduce a new corporate slogan, “YOUniverse,” by the middle of the year to reflect its fully personalized services, in line with its plan to become a cognitive technology company.
In December 2021, AIS’s board of directors approved the company’s roadmap to become a cognitive technology company.
A cognitive telco focuses on three primary goals: to increase productivity and deliver the greatest benefits to customers; continued business growth with home Internet and enterprise customers; and investing in digital business for strong future growth. The goal of the strategy is to create sustainable growth.
Mr. Somchai added that the company would need fewer engineers but more data scientists and data analysts.
AIS currently has more than 400 employees in the field of data services, approximately 75% of whom are responsible for mobile and fixed broadband, while the remaining 25% work with partners to develop new services and innovations.
Mr Somchai denied that the latest superapp move was aimed at defeating rival True Corporation, which was formed following the merger of True Corp and Total Access Communication (DTAC). The new entity has approximately 54 million subscribers, which is larger than AIS’s subscriber base.
“We are still number one in terms of revenue market share, profit and customer satisfaction,” Mr Somchai said.
Mr. Somchai added that if the cognitive technology enterprise format is fully implemented by early 2025, it will create a clear difference between AIS and its rivals.