#431: Mr. Money Mustache Talks About His Dating Life
The title says it all. Paula Pant interviews Mr. Money Mustache about his dating life.
We talk about why you want to date within the FIRE community (financial independence, early retirement)—and if you’ve had any luck.
We discuss the perils of navigating the dating world after a divorce, which she did at 43.
And – AHEM – IT’S IN THE APPLICATIONS. Well, it’s on one app in particular. And it’s not technically an app, it’s a website. Whatever. RARDEKLIK ONLINE, PEOPLE. We talk about the difference between real life and online dating and what she looks for in a dating profile.
Our conversation is also about:
- What’s the point of dating someone within the FIRE community anyway? Do you really want to talk about money all day? (Hint: no)
- Serial monogamist?
- What if one person is more interested in saving, while the other is more interested in investing?
- Personality, values, communication, chemistry… how do you find your ideal match?
- How long does it take to find out if it is compatible?
- How quickly did you introduce your teenage son to his former (then current) girlfriends?
- What dating advice do you share with your son?
Mr. Money Mustache is the pseudonym of Pete Adeney, one of the most prominent figures of the FIRE movement. She stars alongside Paula, Tiffany Aliche and Ross Mac in the 2022 Netflix documentary. Be smart with your money.
Thank you to our supporters!
If you’re looking for amazing talent to strengthen your team, you need Indeed. There are no long-term contracts, you can pause your account at any time and pay only what you need. Go indeed.com/paula and start recording today.
Law! is an integrated CRM and e-marketing tool that allows you to automate repetitive tasks, create personalized marketing campaigns, track performance, set priorities and accurately forecast revenue. Go act.com/paula to start your 14-day free trial and get 10% off Act! Subscription.
Zocdoc is a FREE app that shows you doctors who are reviewed by patients, have insurance, and are available when you need them. Go Zocdoc.com/paula and download Zocdoc for FREE.
Sponsored by the Afford Anything Podcast BetterHelp. Brought to you by this episode BetterHelp. Try online therapy better help.com/affordanything